CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Utah State Fair


We went to the state fair with some friends on Thursday and had a fun time. Max was pretty tired, so that combined with sensory overload had him asking if we could go back to the jeep every ten minutes. But I think he did have fun. We went on a giant slide, and the kids rode on some of the kid rides. We also stuffed our faces with funnel cake, and we HAD to to have just a bite of the fried PB&J sandwich and fried Snicker's (don't really recommend it!) because it sounded so weird. We also experienced quite an awkward moment in the "You won't believe your eyes" tent when after seeing the grossest things I've seen in a long time (i.e. cow with 2 noses, pig fetus with 2 heads), the last "exhibit" was simply a girl they call tripod who had 3 limbs. She was 2 feet in front of us and just sat there on a small stage like she was bored to tears. Wasn't quite sure how to react after saying "Sick!" and "Disgusting!" at everything else. Awkward.


Carter and this girl Skyler have become cute little friends and I think Carter has a little crush on her. (how could you not? Look how cute she is!) So we parents have decided they'll grow up together, get married and live happily ever after. I love the bottom picture because Carter is trying so hard not to smile!

8 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

I'm glad that we happened to be a part of the "some friends" that you went to the fair with! It was fun to get out and do something a little different...oh and awkward tripod lady was definitely one of the highlights!

Carrigan Clan said...

I LOVE it when Carter tries not to smile! He cracks me up!

Julie Knowlton said...

3-limb lady better get paid.

I am not ready for Carter to have crushes on girls.

Tonii said...

Seriously, that was so fun! And I am so glad you guys are down with the whole arranged marriage thing :)

SeƱora Daiana said...

Matt you made our blog check it out.

Dance Like No One is Watching said...

Carter is so cute in the pictures.I bet you had lots of fun.

Kami said...

So I saw your blog off of Des's and Phil's blog. You look really good! I think the last time I saw you is when we would get together as a 6th ward for singles night on Sundays! You aren't living too far from us. We live in Saratoga. Your family is very cute!

Aileen said...

Ahhh..Young love..too cute! Am I sick for already picking out who I want Hallie to marry? He is 16!