CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Carter's wish...

Potty training Carter has turned out to be aggrevating. He has had no desire at all, so I've been trying to be patient and wait for when he's ready. Lately though, I have felt the need to intervene. I did finally come to an agreement that if he would just TRY, then after ten successful "pees" in the toilet, he would get a train. We figured a train was a good motivator for a 3 year old boy.
But as he got closer to accomplishing the goal, he shifted his desire to a trumpet. Why he wanted a trumpet is beyond me. He actually asked for one last Christmas, but I think Santa was worried about all the noise it would provide, so he didn't get one. So when he got to number 10, he got a trumpet. Whatever works, right?
The next step in potty training is consistancy. We told him that when he wears big boy pants and keeps them dry, he'll get another prize. I suggested the train. But no... Carter's response was that what he "really really wishes he had was..."

(what every 3 year old boy wants)


A Tuba.

Now what do I do?!

9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. George is really motivated with gum so he gets gum whenever he pees and he gets three pieces if he poos but that has yet to happen. I don't know what I would do if he wanted a tuba. That is so funny! Well probably not to you.

Chgo Dave said...

That's funny! You better be careful, soon he'll be asking for a car.

-Dave

Diane said...

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!
That boy absolutely cracks us up!!!

THM said...

too funny.

Sara Atkinson said...

Better start saving for band camp. What a funny little boy.

Kati said...

I have never heard of a three year old boy asking for a trumpet or a tuba! Carter is definatly one of a kind! Love him so much, also love that the trumpet is at your house!

Carrigan Clan said...

I LOVE THAT KID!

Jane said...

That is the funniest!

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

Kate loves this story!