CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Potty training woes


I bought this little device here in December of 2006 for Carter. At a year and a half, he seemed very curious about going potty, so I thought I had a genius on my hands that would take one look at his very own potty, know what to do, and say goodbye to diapers...

One year later.

No interest at all. There WAS a glimmer of hope today when he told me he needed to go potty, so we rushed to the potty and his cheeks hit the seat for .40 seconds before he jumped up and claimed he was finished. But can I call it a legitimate glimmer of hope when he announced that he needed to 3 seconds after I told him that if he went potty in the toilet he would get a treat? (and he had JUST gone in his diaper?)
So here sits that potty. Clean as can be. I hate potty training.

4 comments:

Kati said...

Don't give up Maryann. When he is ready you will know and it won't be hard. The biggest mistake I made was trying to MAKE my kids be ready when they were not! We all know that you can't make kids do what they don't want to do, especially my stubborn kids. Carter is smart and he will get it soon!

Carrigan Clan said...

gotta just say...potty training is the "shits"

Des said...

That is something I am NOT looking forward to. Best of luck!

Wayne said...

This is Wayne Nelson's wife, D'Lonna. Potty training is one of the trails of my life. It usually involves tears, treats, tantrums, and more tears.

Some how it works. I have two that are trained. Good luck and may your carpets be free of pee.