CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Max's 8th Birthday


Today Max turned 8 years old. I can't believe it! I wish everyone could experience the joy this kid has brought into our lives. I am SOOOO lucky to be his mom. He is the sweetest, happiest, most loving and fun 8 year old I've ever known. Max is constantly coming up with new sayings, tricks, interests, etc. and I wish I could document every little part of his life. Mostly so I can remember every ounce and phase of his life, but also so others can take a peek into his fun-loving personality and experience a small amount of joy that we get to experience first-hand every day. Here's a few facts about Max lately that make me smile.

Max.... as of lately:

* Max loves our car. He is always saying our Suzuki is the best car in the whole world because "he" waits for us to take us anywhere we want to go.

* His favorite song is Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae and will belt out the words when it comes on, no matter where we are. His latest performance was at Fashion Corner in the dressing room. He received many compliments when he came out of the dressing room.

* He thinks burps are the funniest thing ever.

* He remembers commercials and jingles like it's nobody's business. For example, if you ask him what Lowes says, he'll respond: "Experience. Lowes. Let's build something together!" He'll also tell you what they say at just about any other store/product including Subway, WalMart, PC Laptops, Arbys, RC Willey, KMart, Kohls, Carmax, Geico, McDonald's, Fruity Pebbles, Home Depot, Red Robin, State Farm... just to name a few.

* He wants to be the "worker" at the drive through window at McDonald's or Arctic Circle. He'd also like to be a "chef" (waiter) at Chili's. He's always practicing what he'd say at each place.

* He's memorized a B98.7 traffic report.

* He's very interested in the closing times of the stores we go to and almost always asks the employees what time they close.

* His favorite show to watch is Chopped on the Food Network. He loves to see who gets sent to the chopping block.

* Whenever he's already awake when I come to get him out of his bed in the morning, he does a fake stretch. Every time. Cutest thing ever.

* The last 30 seconds of his bath he likes to "take a shower". So while he's still sitting, I have to turn the shower on and close the curtain and he'll sing a line or two. Then we can turn the water off.

* He is an avid football watching fan. He may not know what is going on or may not make sense when yelling at the top of his lungs, but he sure does know how to cheer loudly!

* It's still the little things in life that make Max happy. For instence: OPEN signs (especially the flashing ones), going to the movie theater, starting the car by himself, helping me load/unload the dishwasher, EXIT signs, flushing a toilet, singing, unbuckling his seatbelt, opening/closing doors, bearing his testimony, laughing with his buddy Ryder, watching cars go by... and again...those are just to name a few.

I love you Max. Happy 8th!
(Angry Birds party pics to come soon)

5 comments:

Lindsey Hemara said...

Oh my gosh, he is sooo cute!! I cant believe he is 8! wow, time flies. cant wait to see those party pics.

Diane said...

Max has been one of the grestest joys of our lives. Not only are we extremely lucky to have him, but he is extremely lucky to have the best two parents in the world - Maryann and Matt, AND the best brother in the world - Carter!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! You are dearly loved!

Jessica Adams said...

Happy Birthday, Max!!

He really is such a joy. Every time I am around him he just radiates happiness and love, and it's contagious.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Max!

Can't wait to see your bday party pics....your parties are always so CUTE!

SeƱora Daiana said...

WE LOVE MAX!... and the rest of you are pretty great too.