CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Staycation 2010


We decided it was time to take the kids on a little vacation, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. Phil and Des told us they were taking their girls to Ogden for a little "Staycation" so we thought we'd tag along. I'm glad we did! The kids thought Ogden, UT was such a cool place... better take advantage of that while they're little! :) We took the kids from one thing to the next and were completely worn out by the end. We started out at the Treehouse Museum...










Matt and Phil had quite the rythym going on...

Then we headed over to the Dinosaur Park...



Next we rode the Front Runner to Layton and back. Again, cheap entertainment that they thought was the coolest thing ever!!


After that, we ate at the Pizza Factory and then headed over to watch the indoor skydiving. I forgot my camera and I'm so bummed because this was by far my favorite part of the trip. It was completely entertaining to watch the people doing it, especially the pros. We were laughing so hard and even the kids enjoyed it. We would have done it ourselves but it's a little pricey. When there weren't anymore people to watch, we started to head out and the owner came up to Max and asked if he'd like to get in the wind tunnel and watch a cool trick. He took everyone in and turned the fan up just a little bit. He then took a glass of water and poured it out and instead of falling the drops of water floated up above everyone's head. I thought Max would be scared but he was laughing so hard. I thought that was so nice of that guy. When we finally dragged ourselves away from that place we went and got ice cream, then it was back to the hotel for swimming.

The fact that our hotel rooms were connected was the greatest for Alex and Carter. Max was completely entertained by the hotel phone. We unplugged it and let him play with it. He kept picking it up and saying, "This is 1496802 (same number every time)." He could have played with that and opened and closed the closet door the entire trip. Once again, it's the little things for Max. The next day we hit a train museum and Hill Air Force Museum.

And of course Matt couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Browning Museum... He was one happy boy.

It turned out to be a really fun trip. We saw a ton of things we hadn't seen before and above all, the kids got good qualilty cousin time...


4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That sounds so fun. I went to Draper Smiles today and was bummed I didn't see you. I left you a message earlier :)

Sue said...

Wow you guys did a lot. What a fun time you had. I'm going to have to remember to do this when the boys get older. I mean seriously who knew there was so much to do in Ogden. :-)

Julie Knowlton said...

Seriously love these. I vote Max for president and Carter and Alex to be cousins forever.

Please post Emily Sawyer's car.

Amanda said...

What a great idea for a vacation!