Carter doesn't take naps anymore, unless it's after 5:00 and we're in the car. He inevitably falls asleep. When I'm finally able to wake him up, not only is he a complete bear, but he won't go to sleep that night until at least 11:00. SO... I'm always trying to think of creative ways to keep him awake when we're in the car.
Last night we were driving home around dinner time and I noticed the "look" in his eye. I thought that if I bribed him with chicken and fries from chic-fill-a, he would definitely perk up and by the time he'd be done eating, we'd be home. I ordered the food in the drive through, then looked in the rear view mirror and saw that his eyes were closed. I quickly yelled his name and told him we'd have the food in 2 minutes. When we got the food, I handed him a piece of chicken and watched as he chewed it with his eyes closed. As soon as he was finished with that piece I shoved the biggest fry in the bunch in his hand and made a big deal about how big the fry was. He thought it was pretty cool, so I figured I had succeeded in waking him up. A few minutes later, I asked if he wanted another fry and I got no response. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw one closed eye. Oh well. I tried, right?
When we got home, I went to get him out of his car seat and found this:
I guess he was pretty tired.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Carter's nap
Posted by Maryann at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Too funny. That really must've been one tired kid. Bonus though you could finish the chick fil a if you wanted it eh.
don't tell me that naps end! naps are my only savior!
Laugh out loud!
You know that thing on your windshield that sprays water so your wipers can clean it? I have seriously considered having it rewired to squirt directly into my kids faces if they try to fall asleep in the car. I feel your pain.
I remeber doing everything I could think of to keep kids awake in the car! I love the french fry, he is to cute!
Can't stop laughing! I was not expecting to see that. He was one tired boy.
If only I could fall asleep wherever I was when I am sooo tired!
Ha, too funny.
Definitely his Mother's son. :) And for sure MY nephew. That is classic!
I try to keep Gene awake in church by stuffing sacrament bread in his mouth. So far it's worked! Hope it doesn't get to this point!
JUST KIDDING HONEY! (sort of)
I'd wake up for Chick-fil-A!
I'd always have to turn up the radio, tickle their leg or start singing really loud to keep my kids awake! He's too cute.
To stinkin cute, you have to be really tired to choose sleep over chick-fil-la. He made a good effort though, so you have to give him credit there.
Post a Comment