This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for so many things. But the one thing that sticks out to me this year is my little Max. Max turned 5 yesterday! I couldn't help but replay every moment in my mind of what happened 5 years ago yesterday. It was Thanksgiving that day also which is so significant to me.
He has come so far!! One year ago, we made the goal that Max would be walking by the time he turned five. Although he has not perfected the task, and needs some help with a walker, he IS able to get around and I'm so proud of him. It will only get better. The other day, the people at Shriner's gave him a customized wheelchair for help with long distances and to develop his upper boby strength. That dang this is the cutest thing I've ever seen and could easily be mistaken for a doll's wheelchair.
We had a great day complete with turkey, pumpkin pie, and birthday cake!
My cute mom also organized a cute Thanksgiving play for the kids...
Max, you are my little buddy and I have loved the privilege of being your mom. Happy 5th birthday!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
This Thanksgiving...
Posted by Maryann at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Gene and I are both crying right now. Max has been an absolute joy for both of us to know and love and teach and help. He lightens our lives. It is a supreme honor to be his Nana!!!I cherish every minute I am with him. Thank you Max.
You are an amazing mother. I love this tribute to little Max.
If Max had his own blog, I imagine he would have pages to write about how grateful HE is for his angel of a mother.
Cute blog post Maryann, you always know what to say to get the tears falling! We love our Max and are so proud of all he has accomplished. He continues to amaze us every day!
You are such a great mom. I look up to you. Max is so amazing.
Happy B-day Max!
Happy Birthday to Max! He's such a cute kid. He's getting to look more and more like his dad.
Happy Happy B-day Max!! I remember the day he was born. He couldn't have a better mommy! You are so amazing Maryann. Love ya
Max gets more adorable every minute. What an awesome little guy. Miss you all lots and hope all is well. Stacy
Happy late birthday Max! You're a lucky boy to have such a great momma!!
Marr Its Lindsay Bills Black... I found your blog because Elyse found me. I wanted tell you that you have the most beautiful family! I am so incredibly happy for you!
What a cute little guy. It's fun to see you raise such amazing little kids.
Congrats Max! Your boys are so cute. I'm so happy for Max's progress and hope that you guys have a wonderful New Year. Loves!
Post a Comment